Educational blog memes
I am particularly interested in blog memes, or prompts for writing, that can be used to support learning in a learner’s reflective journal.
I am currently piloting an Online Facilitation and Tutoring course that uses blog memes in this way.
The Learning Blog is intended to capture:
* reflections on the reading for each unit of study
* reflections on the activities (online discussions normally) for that unit
* how easily students are finding their way in the online environment
* new things that they have learned
* things that they have found difficult
As a starter:
*** Note down what you think are the top three barriers to learners participating in online discussion