What is a learning community?
- understand the pedagogical basis of collaborative online learning
- design appropriate resources and activities to promote learning and the development of a community of learners
- develop, motivate and retain learners
- create online activities that complement other features of a blended learning programme
- manage tutor time appropriately and support learners’ time planning
- weave & summarise, challenge and facilitate discussions and interactions
- encourage sound contributions from others, and give appropriate feedback
Learning communities collates, synthesises and develops approaches to building effective learning community.
Edtech, digital learnng and technology-enhanced learning are most effective when considered in the context of learning community.
We can offer:
- training courses in Online Facilitation
- learning design workshops
- facilitation services for online courses
- course design and build
- one-to-one support for teachers and lecturers
We specialise in gamification and playful approaches that build community amongst learners.