Distress oxide yellow peril!

It’s been one of those days. Settled down to do some crafting and spilled a pot of painting water (luckily fairly fresh water!) – all over the table and my trousers. {sigh}  Then I dropped a Memento black ink pad juicy side down on the gold/beige carpet (thank goodness I had some stamp cleaner which seemed to get it up!). Painted an owl which looked rubbish – tried to stamp a sentiment, smeared ink everywhere on the card.

What can a crafter do?

I abandoned the cardmaking and went out to buy more stash…

Came home with some distress oxides and a stencil. And then made a mess, especially with a brand of spray ink new to me that turns out to stain EVERYTHING! Just as well the tablecloth has yellow in it. My fingers look as though I’ve been addicted to nicotine for forty years (never smoked in my life).  I am not sure what is wrong with me today!!!

I eventually produced this, with which I’m reasonably happy!

Distress oxides (Wild Honey, Fossilised Amber and Peeled Paint), first stencilled using a sponge, then blended onto the card for the mats and spritzed with water – loving the effect.

Woodware circles stencil

Stamped Sentiment: Uniko Happy Succulents and a free sentiment set from a magazine.

My first successful stencilling, and loving the distress oxides, so not a wasted session after all!

Entered in Uniko’s 6th Birthday Linky Challenge

Watercooler Wednesday’s WWC161 – Helen’s “All About Occasions” Challenge

and Sweet Stampin’s Inspired by a song (The Windmills of your Mind: I was humming to myself all the way through – “like a circle in a circle…” which is wrong because actually it’s “a circle in a spiral…”)

Haiku (because continuing the theme I’m going to circle dancing tonight…):

Forget all the mess
Enjoy creativity:
dance in a circle!

1. Chris
    Mar 14, 2018 @ 23:23:38

Sounds like an eventful crafting day, areal catalogue of disasters, but all’s well that ends well and in the end you produced this gorgeous card! Thanks for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin’ this week.
    Chris
    x

2. Sammy Jean
    Mar 16, 2018 @ 21:36:57

What a lovely card! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin’ this week. Sammy-x

3. Heidi Weaver
    Mar 18, 2018 @ 21:53:57

Wow, Helen, I’m surprised you didn’t throw your hands up in surrender and crawl back into bed. It really did seem as if you weren’t meant to craft, didn’t it? But no, you persevered and look what you have to show for it. This is a wonderful card! I love the clean and simple lines. Great choice of colours for those stencilled dots and the mat. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

4. Kathryn Ricks
    Mar 19, 2018 @ 01:54:06

Talk about a hard day! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges! I love simple but beautiful card!

Mar 19, 2018 @ 23:47:47

Sometimes life is a perfect mess! You managed to survive yours, and I laughed out loud as I progressed through your disasterous day. I’ve had those days too, and it’s like everything you touch disintegrates or explodes. I like the remedy of shopping for more stash….. it worked! What a beautiful beautiful card. I love the colours of the stencilled circles and the simple sentiment. Thanks for sharing your stunning card with us at the Watercooler Wednesday “All Occasions” challenge this week.

6. Charlotte E (Lady Joyful)
    Mar 20, 2018 @ 18:26:53

Lovely birthday card. Thank you for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday ChallengeCharlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

7. Beverkey
    Mar 20, 2018 @ 19:58:29

I am glad I am not the only one who has ‘those’ days! Though your result of buying and using new stash is FAB! Lovely to see you in the Uniko gallery & thanks so much for joining in on the Uniko 6th Birthday fun. Hugs Bev x

8. Wiebke Kommerell
    Mar 21, 2018 @ 10:54:02

Helen – after your “busy” day you hopefully found time to enjoy watching your card – it’s the success of this day and it’s just beautyful!
    In the first moment I thought everything is a combination of white and matte foiled gold… but reading your post teached me you just used Oxides! Great effect!
    Thanks so much for sharing your birthday card with us on our “Uniko 6th Birthday Party”!
    Greetings from Wiebke (DT)

9. Deborah Frings
    Mar 21, 2018 @ 18:27:22

I really like the softly stencilled dots. Great work. Thanks so much for joining in with Uniko’s 6th Birthday party. Deborah, DT.