Salamander birthday

Managed a few cards this weekend, as I’m trying to build up stock for a busy period of family birthdays plus an autumn fair at the care home my dad lives in.

This one is inspired by the colours at CAS Colours and Sketches #189: red, yellow and blue. The card by Jane in the design team really got me thinking (SUCH a fab card!) and here’s where I ended up.  I hope it’s still Clean and Simple despite the salamander motif being layered on top!

I’d also like to add this to Daring Cardmakers September Elemental Inspiration: with the exotic beach photo (wish I were there!). The three elements are the exotic location (probably has lizards if not salamanders on sunny rocks!), the border between sea and sand in the middle of the picture (border between red and yellow colours in mine) and the water (watercolour background!).

Rain in Tenerife
Small lizards hide under rocks
Never felt before.

1. karen h
    Sep 05, 2016 @ 19:36:57

Fun card – love the lizard! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

2. Jane
    Sep 06, 2016 @ 07:09:42

So vivid and eye catching and I’m delighted that I inspired you. Thanks for playing at CC&S.

3. Patricia Hays
    Sep 06, 2016 @ 21:56:22

Like Jane said – the bright splashes of color and the triangle are very eye catching! Thanks for sharing your card with us at CC&S!

4. Svenja
    Sep 08, 2016 @ 04:00:08

Fab card – it’s clean and simple and yet it’s… not. I love the shapes you’ve used and the “messy” watercolour background. And the blue lizard is such a nice accent.

5. Beverley
    Sep 08, 2016 @ 16:06:32

Such a fun, bright and cheerful card. Wonderful use of the challenge colours and thanks so much for joining in on the challenge at CC&S. Hugs Bev x

6. Caroline Thomas
    Sep 09, 2016 @ 06:18:57

Oh this is great! Lovely use of the cheerful colours and I think your salamander is perfect. Thanks for joining us at CC&S this week. Caro x