Fathers’ Day Lighthouse

I don’t have a die cutter so I didn’t think I’d be able to submit anything for Muse this week, as Anita’s pretty card is mostly die cuts. But the colours are so pretty and made me think of waves and I’ve been planning a Fathers’ Day card with a nautical theme (Dad always gets a nautical theme).  And I had these laser die cuts left over from years ago, so cut them carefully apart and arranged them on a watercoloured background. A fussy cut and printed white “rock” and the colours and layout very much inspired by the Muse card, with the white on blue and a touch of yellow.

I think the apostrophe is in the wrong place on most stamps. It’s not just one father’s day: it’s a day for all fathers…

Entered in Muse #269

Also

Cards4Guyz #196 Fathers’ Day

and two sea-themed challenges that came at the right time…

Addicted to CAS #137: Sea

CAS Watercolour Ocean theme for June

Haiku

Sailor no longer
But sail away in your dreams
Remember the sea…

1. nancy littrell
    Jun 06, 2018 @ 23:33:08

Beautiful ocean scene, Helen. I loved your haiku for your Fathers Day Card too. So pleased you added your card to our CAS Watercolour Ocean Challenge. Hugs..

2. Loll
    Jun 07, 2018 @ 00:58:35

Gorgeous ocean scene Helen. LOVE your watercoloured sea and sky. Really pops with all the white die-cuts. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

3. Robyn Oliver
    Jun 08, 2018 @ 02:36:47

Simply fabulous, love the die cuts, laser cuts however old are just super… great card Helen

4. Bonnie
    Jun 08, 2018 @ 14:02:18

This is a wonderful ocean scene, Helen! Love the die cuts, your lovely blue sea and the seagulls! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

5. Barbara Ghigliotty
    Jun 08, 2018 @ 17:39:15

Absolutely gorgeous card, Helen! Your watercolored ocean and sky are stunning and I love how you added such lovely nautical elements! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Addicted to CAS!

I agree with you about the punctuation on Fathers’ Day stamps 🙂 My 5th grade English teacher (Catholic school nun) would have a fit if she knew!!!

6. Ardyth Percy-Robb
    Jun 08, 2018 @ 21:23:06

Um. FABULOUS! What a fantastic, masculine take on the inspiration! Not bad for someone who didn’t think they could play this week! lol! Thanks so much for joining us at Muse!

7. Susan
    Jun 09, 2018 @ 00:51:24

Beautiful ocean / sky, but I especially love the way you used the die cut as a rocky island for the lighthouse. Gorgeous flock of seagulls too! Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Watercolour!

8. Charlotte E (Lady Joyful)
    Jun 09, 2018 @ 20:11:01

This is a very pretty card! And very clever getting the look of dies without having a die cutter.

9. Priyanka Kantak
    Jun 09, 2018 @ 23:00:23

What a fabulous card. Looks like a beautiful painting on the wall 🙂

10. Jen W.
    Jun 10, 2018 @ 12:37:42

This is so awesome! Love how you used the die cuts against that gorgeous background!

11. Sarah
    Jun 10, 2018 @ 15:11:29

An absolutely beautiful seaside scene, perfect for both father’s day and Anita’s Muse card too. Love your ocean blending and neat die-cuts.

12. Anita
    Jun 10, 2018 @ 21:14:22

Wow! Such a fabulous and clever interpretation of my design, right down to the yellow of the boat. I love it! Thanks so much for playing along at Muse, Anita x

13. Marilyn Bailey
    Jun 11, 2018 @ 15:18:40

Lovely card! Now go treat yourself to a die cut machine…I resisted for years and finally bought one. Have to say, it’s been a source of endless fun!

14. Karren
    Jun 12, 2018 @ 00:31:01

Wow, this is absolutely stunning! Love it!

15. Jeanne H
    Jun 13, 2018 @ 15:28:38

Congrats! Love your card~it reminds me of sailing, which I love, though it has been years since I I went.

16. amy
    Jun 15, 2018 @ 02:16:07

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz, good luck!!! Amy DT

17. Izzy Scrap
    Jun 20, 2018 @ 07:14:48

Absolutely fantastic ! I’m totally in love with your marine scene ! A stunning combination of all my favourite elements : blue, white and sea ! Thanks so much for inspiring.