Colours that please

Here are two cards I made this week.  First a card which is partly a CASE of one of Susan Raihala’s HERE, though I arranged the feathers myself using two individual L’Aquarelle stamps (love that set) and masking.

happy feathers

The colours are taken from CAS Colours and Sketches this week. Lime and Lemon Twist seems to be popping up in lots of colour challenges and I haven’t the exact ink but I think I’ve now found something very similar in Colorbox Lime. Also used Catherine Pooler  Party Dress which is my closest to Berry Burst and Tim Holtz Mermaid Lagoon Distress Ink for the Island Indigo. Really liking this combination of colours.  The sentiment is from a useful set from Uniko.

And easily feminine enough for the Watercooler Wednesday Feminine challenge

The second card is inspired by CAS(E) this sketch#229, and by Karen’s wonderful backgrounds (see Snippets).

thankyoublocks

This is going to a temporary colleague who’s done wonderful work for us.

My favourite agapanthus again! And the Karen-inspired background was created with Catherine Pooler Party Dress and Tutti Frutti inks and white and black watercolours: then chopped up as per the sketch.

Orange like summer,
Outdoors, bright and enticing:
Pink like sunburned arms

1. Heidi
    Jul 09, 2017 @ 18:30:31

Hi Helen, what a lovely rainbow of colours you’ve used for your feathers! Yes, that seems odd, given that you’ve used only three colours, but the first impression one gets is of a rainbow. I love the simplicity and elegance. Adding those few embellishments and that benner for the sentiment is the perfect touch. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

2. wendy rudd
    Jul 09, 2017 @ 18:33:20

Oh wow!!!! Awesome card!!

3. Hideko
    Jul 09, 2017 @ 21:37:36

I love the background coloring, Helen! It’s soft, pretty, and dynamic! I’m also impressed that you make haiku poems in English. I’m Japanese, and learned a little bit about haiku in school, and yet I haven’t made any! ;-P

4. karen h
    Jul 10, 2017 @ 03:08:34

Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S! You card is great; love the collage of feathers.

Jul 10, 2017 @ 04:09:03

I love how you’ve morphed the colour challenge and the beautiful feather image together for your card. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

6. Fiona Whitehead
    Jul 10, 2017 @ 10:21:57

Three of my favourite SU colours which look stunning with these feathers – such a beautiful card and yes I agree very feminine – Thank you for joining in with my challenge at Watercooler Wednesday this week.

7. Leigh Penner
    Jul 10, 2017 @ 11:01:06

Very pretty cards! I especially like your wonderful take on the sketch!

8. Judy Markowitz
    Jul 10, 2017 @ 21:25:50

What an elegant CAS card! I love the feather image! It totally lends itself to this look. Beautifully done! Thanks for joining us this week at Watercooler Wednesday!

9. Gail
    Jul 10, 2017 @ 22:28:09

These are definitely feminine feathers! Love the colours and the CAS design. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.

10. Emily E
    Jul 11, 2017 @ 05:27:02

I love your colourful feathers against the white background it is very striking! Thanks for sharing with us this week at CC&S!

11. Fiona Whitten
    Jul 11, 2017 @ 07:52:47

Love the feathers on your card, they really lend themselves to the colours. Thanks for joining us on this week’s CC&S challenge.

12. Libby
    Jul 11, 2017 @ 13:35:52

BOTH of these are terrific cards! Love the idea of the snippets background! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday this week!

13. Patricia Hays
    Jul 13, 2017 @ 15:34:31

You did a super job arranging the feathers on your first card. Thanks for sharing it at CC&S – sorry I’m so late with commenting on it! 🙂