Splash smile and Mackintosh roses

In fact this card looks SOO much better in real life – I just can’t capture in a photo the richness of the colour (or the fact that the SMILE is actually perfectly straight!)

This one was various sized heart die-cuts (all white card, and all found in my bits box!) coloured via the splash watercolour technique – distress oxide inks Fossilised Amber, Wild Honey and Abandoned Coral popped separately on acetate and spritzed with water, then the die-cuts smoshed through them, with drying between each colour. The Stampendous Agapanthus was then stamped in Abandoned Coral and Nuvo Jewel drops added in yellow and orange.  The sentiment is Uniko Simply Said Blocks in good old Memento black. I’m liking the blocks: may get the other stamp set in the same range.

It’s entered into:

CAS Mixup July challenge:  Coloured die-cut, plus stamps, plus watercolour of course

CAS Watercolour July Challenge Splash Watercolour

And of course, because of the SMILE – Time Out’s Words challenge #113

This  second card uses the same colours. The distress inks were sponged on this background though, and then spritzed, and the Mackintosh roses stamped in Abandoned Coral. The matting panel was coloured with the coral too, by direct ink to paper technique.

It is entered into The Library Challenge: “The Rose Garden”, as I immediately thought of the Mackintosh roses when I saw the book. It’s an old stamp though – one of the first non-rubber, and I find it rather coarse, with the lines too thick for a lot of what I want to do. But for smudgy watercolour effects it works best.

The Nuvo Jewel drops were inspired by the icepop theme at House of Cards, and some of the colours there as well.  Time for an orange ice lolly after all that!

Haiku:

Let me taste sweet ice
Summer has never tasted
so good in England!

1. nancy littrell
    Jul 15, 2018 @ 04:05:17

TFS both your beautiful cards Helen. So pleased you added your gorgeous Splash Watercolor hearts card to our CAS Watercolour Challenge. Hugs…

2. Loll
    Jul 15, 2018 @ 05:35:33

Such pretty colours of ink for your splashed hearts Helen. Love them on the kraft base. Great design! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

3. Marina
    Jul 15, 2018 @ 05:44:21

It’s so annoying when we can’t capture the reality of our creations in a photo! Two beautiful cards here, lots of skill used. Thanks for joining The Library.

4. Sandie
    Jul 15, 2018 @ 12:33:29

I love your heart card and the subtle soft colours-also love you placed it on kraft card-it compliments the colours you have used perfectly. Thanks for joining Time Out

5. Bonnie
    Jul 15, 2018 @ 12:41:24

Love these pretty hearts, Helen! The colors are beautiful and I love how they seem to float on the card! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

6. Cathy R
    Jul 16, 2018 @ 00:00:38

Your colourful hearts really pop from the kraft base, gorgeous colours, Cathy x

7. Kathy Gumbert
    Jul 16, 2018 @ 19:41:33

Creativity!
    Water splashed! Soaked in color!
    Flowery hearts bloom!

8. Anita in France
    Jul 18, 2018 @ 07:10:37

The CRM roses are so pretty, Helen … and those delicate, dimensional hearts in such delicious colours are lovely … fabulous against the kraft background! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita 🙂

9. Karen
    Aug 01, 2018 @ 14:55:47

Both cards are beautiful, I love the colours you achieved. Thank you for entering your project in the challenge at House of Cards. I hope we see you for the next challenge too Karen DT House of Cards