Embossed medallions

Now here is a card I have completely failed to photograph correctly.  I wanted to create some boy-themed medallions for a couple of projects – this and the one in the next post.

I tried several types of paper, and  three different embossing powders.  The best fit was black card, stamped with Versamark and embossed in gold. Then I fussy cut the medallions and covered it completely in clear embossing poweder, and when that was dry, did it again.  The medallions have quite a nice sheen and some solidity to them.  The background card here looks blue, but it is actually a different black. The sentiment is Papermania.The stamps are Autumn Leaves Talking in Circles (boy) which is really a scrapbooking stamp that I’ve never really used.

I’m entering this one into:

CAS Mixup for June – layered embossing powders, stamping and (my choice) fussy cutting 🙂

It’s based on Narelle’s sketch at Freshly Made Sketches #341 this week

And Cards in Envy are looking for masculine cards: Let’s Hear it for the Boys.

Haiku:

A happy birthday
To a much loved boy
Please – never grow up!

1. Kristie Marcotte
    Jun 17, 2018 @ 17:45:39

You made such a fun card using the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches. I love the colors and circle stamps. Thanks for playing with us over at Cards in Envy!

2. Bonnie
    Jun 17, 2018 @ 22:29:28

These stamps worked beautifully to make these boyish medallions, Helen! They are so striking and classy against the black background! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

3. Narelle Farrugia
    Jun 18, 2018 @ 11:44:44

You’ve created such a fabulous masculine card. I love those embossed medallions. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

4. Mac Mable
    Jun 18, 2018 @ 20:46:02

So glad you persevered and made this fabulous and classy masculine card. The embossing and layout looks wonderful. Thank you for joining in at The CAS Mix Up Challenge x.

5. Jen Mitchell
    Jun 19, 2018 @ 01:09:05

I can never get the colors in my cards to photograph properly so I feel your pain! But no matter because this is a great card no matter what color it is! Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

6. Loll
    Jun 19, 2018 @ 16:19:58

Those medallions are wonderful for a masculine birthday card. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

7. Julia Aston
    Jun 24, 2018 @ 00:49:48

What a great masculine card with the blue and embossed medallions! thank you for joining us at CAS Mix Up!