Birthday Mower

This one is for my other half’s birthday next week. It’s a little cheeky.  Here’s the card.

and inside it says:

Here’s what our buttercup-strewn lawn looked like when I started it:

Then after I’d done most of the card (which of course he doesn’t know about) he went out and mowed the grass, thus spoiling the joke!  (I got him to leave a patch of buttercups – I think they’re beautiful!)  But he’s getting the card anyway. We haven’t got a ride-on mower, or a lawn big enough to justify one, but it would make it more fun don’t you think?

No stamps or watercolours… This was paper pieced from scratch with inspiration from pictures of mowers on the internet, and finished by hand!

My starting point was inspired by and therefore entered into The Male Room’s current challenge #86 Gardening, and Uniko’s picture which looks just like our lawn, and from which I’ve taken the green (obviously) and yellow colours, so entered in Uniko’s Challenge #47 as well (though for once I’ve not used their stamps 🙂 ).

Also entered into Watercooler Wednesday’s Anything Goes Challenge #172

Haiku:
Don’t let me disturb
Buttercup contemplation
With mundane requests!

1. Jane
    Jun 02, 2018 @ 17:30:46

Now that’s one impressive looking piece of machinery! I’m thinking most men would love to get their hands on it. Thanks for playing at The Male Room and Uniko. And good luck with the DT call.

2. Rocky
    Jun 03, 2018 @ 10:59:52

Great card, love the mower. I’m sure he got the joke and loved the card. Thank you for joining us at TMR.

Jun 04, 2018 @ 21:56:02

Isn’t that always the way Haiku. My husband would do the same and then say “what’s with that”. Great card and use of die cuts and sentiment. Thanks so much for sharing with us at the ANYTHING GOES Watercooler Wednesday challenge this week.

4. Monika Skinner
    Jun 05, 2018 @ 21:13:15

Fabulous card, need to make one for my hubby too! Your pieced lawnmower is fabulous, and I love the joke. Thanks so much for playing along at The Male room Craft Challenge. Good Luck!

5. Charlotte E (Lady Joyful)
    Jun 06, 2018 @ 18:01:36

Very fun card. Thank you for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and The Male RoomCharlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

6. Deborah Frings
    Jun 10, 2018 @ 12:38:15

Love that signpost!! Such a fun card and I’m glad it worked on getting the lawn done. Thanks so much for playing along with our gardening theme at The Male Room. Deborah, DT.

7. Deborah Frings
    Jun 10, 2018 @ 13:50:16

Oops! Forgot to say thanks for playing at Uniko too!

8. Faith A
    Jun 10, 2018 @ 17:03:42

This is just wonderful, love the play on words and the images. Thank you so much for joining us in our Gardening challenge at The Male Room this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

Faith The Male Room DT
    Daffodil Cards {My Blog}

The Male Room
    themaleroomchallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk

9. Izzy Scrap
    Jun 17, 2018 @ 21:46:48

What a fun card and a fabulous take on our challenge! A great masculine card too. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Uniko.