Heroes and birds…

It’s lovely to have some extra time to craft on a long Easter weekend. But I do have other things to do, so I’m going to make this my last couple for today…

The first card is a masculine card (though I often think that masculine cards, if well designed, can easily be used for women, but that florals can be too floral for men). I have in mind that it is intended as a thank you for a particular male doctor, and it came to mind as soon as I saw the prompt Superheroes at Cards4Guyz.  We don’t thank our health workers enough and I’m often very grateful to them, such as when they all struggled into work during our recent heavy snowfall. And this card is also dedicated to pharmacists, and the researchers who create the new drugs and treatments we benefit from.

This is all icons found online or drawn from scratch (can you tell which is which?) and text produced on computer. Painted in watercolours and fussy cut individually.

This goes to:

Cards4Guyz: #191 Superheroes

and The Male Room, who want #82 Watercolours

My second card is a bluetit, I think, though I suspect the colours are my own invention!  It’s inspired by a number of challenges, particularly The Card Concept the picture for which has a lovely little blue bird as well as yellow items. The design is a CASE of Aileen’s card at Less us More. I was originally planning to choose stencilling from the choices at Just Add Ink but in the end it didn’t work out.

A L’Aquarelly bird, stamped in Memento black (as is the black part of the sentiment, Hunkydory) and watercoloured in blue and yellow: and a Magenta greeting coloured in silver foil pen. The gems are Kanban, with the yellow ones being originally white and now coloured in yellow Colorbox ink.

Entered in

The Card Concept #89 {Spring has Sprung} a Clean and Simple card inspired by the colours and the blue bird 🙂

Less is More #368 CASEing this card by Aileen.

Seize the Birthday  (Birds)

and  Just Add Ink #402…”Choose Two”

I’ve chosen foil and feathers – the bird and the foiling pen.

1. verity Pursglove
    Apr 02, 2018 @ 08:56:51

Very pretty x

2. Jan M
    Apr 02, 2018 @ 13:39:48

Such a gorgeous bird, Helen and so beautifully coloured! I love how you’ve added foil with a pen too – this technique is new to me and I never would’ve guessed it wasn’t a die cut. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.

3. Nancy Penir
    Apr 02, 2018 @ 23:46:08

Your clean and simple is a stunner! Beautiful watercolor, and beautiful bird! So glad you joined in the fun at the Card Concept.

4. Nonni
    Apr 03, 2018 @ 04:22:59

What a stunning CASE! I love how you took elements from Aileen’s card, the layout and the blue color, and made them your own. That bird is a beauty! Thanks for joining us at Less Is More!

5. Dawn Phillips
    Apr 03, 2018 @ 13:06:48

They are such beautiful cards. I love the very original take on the Hero theme. Love Dawn x

6. Ashwini
    Apr 04, 2018 @ 13:33:43

Gorgeous cards! The watercoloring is really beautiful, and I love how you’ve added a streak of yellow on the bird. Totally love it! Thank you very much for joining us at Seize the Birthday challenge!

7. Tina Gillespie
    Apr 05, 2018 @ 01:23:18

Your birdie card is lovely! You’ve coloured him so well, and the foil sentiment adds a fabulous finishing touch. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink.

8. Anita
    Apr 07, 2018 @ 07:15:48

A wonderful interpretation of these two challenges. A great gender neutral card too.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

9. susan
    Apr 11, 2018 @ 04:12:15

Terrific card! Thanks for sharing at Less Is More!

10. Monika Skinner
    Apr 12, 2018 @ 18:27:24

Great set of cards. Like how you put the first one together, it’s perfect for our watercolour theme. Thanks for playing along at The Male Room Craft Challenge. Good Luck! ?

11. Shawna Standish
    Apr 15, 2018 @ 01:02:04

Oh my goodness, I love this card. So wonderfully simple and so much fun!!! Your elements are just too fun and so fitting for our watercolor challenge! Thank you so much for joining us at The Male Room!