Pastel butterfly

Final post for the day – and maybe the last time I’ll have to create for a while as things are getting busy from now on…

This butterfly mixes a few challenges.

butterfly salt

It’s Patricia’s sketch at CAS Colours and Sketches #235 (turned, because I preferred the card that way) and it’s coloured with watercolours and salt, meeting the requirements for the CAS Watercolour challenge this month. I wasn’t too impressed with the outcome, the salt seemed to turn an odd colour and it didn’t really create the effect I was trying to achieve from the videos I watched…  But it is definitely different from before I put the salt on!

Also entered in Kath’s Watercooler Wednesday All About Birthdays challenge #131,

Cards in Envy’s Insects and Bugs challenge

and the Butterfly Challenge #84, with Wedgewood blue plus my choice of pink and aqua.

Wish I didn’t flit
From one thing to another:
Procrastination! 🙁

Aug 13, 2017 @ 20:19:55

Loving your watercoloured butterfly Helen. CAS but simply beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing with us at the Watercooler Wednesday “Birthday” challenge this week. Hope you manage to get some time in your busy schedule to come back and participate in our weekly challenges.

2. karen h
    Aug 13, 2017 @ 21:57:36

Very pretty butterfly. I like the background splatters too. Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S.

3. Bonnie
    Aug 13, 2017 @ 23:01:56

One of the things I like about using salt is that the outcome is always a surprise! I think this turned out beautifully and made a beautiful butterfly! Thanks so much, Helen, for sharing this with us at CAS Watercolour!

4. Christine Alexander
    Aug 14, 2017 @ 01:06:58

pretty butterfly, love the changes of colour from the salt and watercolour. Thanks for joinign us at CAS Watercolour

5. nancy littrell
    Aug 14, 2017 @ 02:39:36

Thank you Helen for sharing your beautiful watercolored and salted butterfly. So pleased you joined us at CAS Watercolour. Hugs

6. Loll
    Aug 14, 2017 @ 03:40:05

Your salt watercoloured butterfly is so pretty Helen. And such a fantastic CAS design. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

7. Susan Bridgman
    Aug 14, 2017 @ 05:36:07

I think you got lovely results – so soft and pretty! Great splatter behind the butterfly. Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Watercolour!

8. Ros Crawford
    Aug 14, 2017 @ 10:34:39

Simply beautiful! I love your card! So glad you played along at CAS Watercolour this week!

9. Sandy
    Aug 14, 2017 @ 16:58:11

Beautiful card and butterfly! Love the water coloring technique and spatters! Thanks for sharing with us at Cars in Envy.

10. Fiona Whitten
    Aug 14, 2017 @ 20:36:44

Great take on the sketch. Love those background splatters setting off the butterfly. Thanks for joining us on this week’s CC&S challenge.

11. Gail
    Aug 14, 2017 @ 22:26:48

Wow! This is a wonderful CAS design. Love the butterfly. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.

12. Libby
    Aug 15, 2017 @ 00:17:44

Beautiful done butterfly! Thanks for joining us this week at Watercooler Wednesday for Kath’s All About Birthdays Challenge!

13. Fiona Whitehead
    Aug 15, 2017 @ 14:17:10

Such a pretty card – I like how the butterfly takes centre stage. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday this week

14. Sherri Thacker
    Aug 15, 2017 @ 16:39:43

Well, I love the effects of the salt on your butterfly! Its so pretty!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at our challenge at Cards in Envy.

15. Mrs A.
    Aug 16, 2017 @ 08:55:31

Such a pretty result. I love the pastel colouring the salt has produced. Thank you for fluttering into the butterfly garden with this lovely CAS creation. Hugs Mrs A.