June Birthday

This card is for my other half who has a birthday soon. Soppy, yes, but he deserves it!

June birthday

This is firstly a CASE of one of Ardyth’s cards for Muse #218 this week (Happy Birthday Ardyth!). (Ardyth’s was itself inspired by a card by Donna3D on Splitcoast Stampers but I didn’t look at that one.)

I kept Ardyth’s rainbow smooshing (though mine is paint rather than ink), heart die cut (and added another heart cut layer).

I changed the floral stamp, as I thought swirls were more appropriate for a male card. I added another layer for the sentiment, for interest, as I didn’t have the grey background layer.

I’m also entering this one into The Male Room Die Cut Challenge #61 – Stash.

and Watercooler Wednesday’s WWC121 – Anything Goes  challenge

And the haiku for this one:

Have a happy day:
Your support lights me like sun
Above the clouds. Thanks!

1. Ardyth
    Jun 04, 2017 @ 19:18:27

Eek! That sentiment is AWESOME for this technique card! Love how your cut out worked and of course the rainbow! Thanks so much for the birthday wishes and for joining my party at Muse!

2. Heidi
    Jun 04, 2017 @ 19:54:14

Helen, I love your CASE. You’ve kept true to the original and yet brought some wonderful touches of your own which really make it perfect for the man in your life. Love the choice of swirls. That sentiment is sure to touch his heart. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

3. Marilyn Cotter
    Jun 04, 2017 @ 21:44:05

Love your card, Helen. Fantastic CASE of Ardyth’s card. Your sentiment is so perfect.

4. Dianne
    Jun 05, 2017 @ 06:18:02

Wow – stunning interpretation of Ardyth’s card. Great matching sentiment and I love the splashy colours

Jun 05, 2017 @ 08:20:25

Great CASE of Ardyth’s card. Delightful! Thanks so much for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

6. Marsha Reed
    Jun 05, 2017 @ 11:33:35

Wonderful card, Helen! Thanks for joining us this week at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

7. Fiona Whitehead
    Jun 05, 2017 @ 11:37:18

Great card. I love that sentiment – nothing wrong in being soppy lol! I love the way you have cut those hearts out and put them together – a great CASE. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

8. Judy Markowitz
    Jun 06, 2017 @ 00:23:20

I love your use of color and technique in this card! And the sentiment is really fabulous! Nice job! Thank you for playing along with us at Watercooler Wednesday this week!

9. Robyn Oliver