Social Media – numbers increasing
The Trendspotting blog reported on a recent survey of social media usage.
Universal McCann recently published its comparative study following Social Media trends in three waves: September 2006 (Wave 1), June 2007 (Wave 2) March 2008 (Wave 3).Trendspotting’s post highlights major results in the study including:
- Social media is a global phenomenon and Asian areas (not including Japan) are creating more content than any other region.
- All social media platforms have grown significantly with Video Clips as the quickest growing medium.
- 57% of users have joined a Social Network.
- There are 184m bloggers world-wide – 73% in the survey have read a blog, 45% have started a blog.
- More evidence shows that consumers are affected by blogs – 34% blog about products and brands and 36% think more positively about companies that have blogs.